Choosing what to feed your much-loved pooch can be tricky. Not only do you need to tailor the food to the size and breed of dog, but it needs to be a complete and balanced dog food that is easy to digest and delicious to eat. Many supermarket brands, which appear to be just as healthy as more expensive premium dog food brands, can contain artificial colourings, preservatives or appetite enhancers, which can cause digestive disorders and skin complaints.
How do I choose between premium dog food brands?
Many owners are bewildered by the amount of choice available in premium dog food brands, and often confused as to which food will be suitable for their dog or new puppy. The simple approach to comparing foods like Arden Grange, Burns and Wafcol is simply to find out what’s actually in the bag! Visiting the brand’s website is a good place to start, but it’s also good to take time in the supermarket looking at the ingredients section.
Look out for:
- Is the food meat or fish based?
- Is it naturally preserved?
- Does it contain prebiotics or nucleotides for digestion?
- Compare the mineral levels
Most importantly… Does the food offer good value for money when compared with other premium brands? For example – Hills, Eukanuba and Royal Canin are traditionally more expensive than other brands.
Arden Grange is an excellent example of a complete and balanced dog food with natural, wholesome ingredients. It is hypo allergenic and free from wheat, gluten, dairy products, beef and soya. Perhaps more importantly, it is a cost-effective alternative to expensive prescription diets. This brand contains NO artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives, and so reduces the risk of dietary intolerances and allergies.
Like all premium brands, Arden Grange is suitable for all breeds – not just those with specific dietary problems. Each Arden Grange recipe has been carefully developed to cater for the life-stage and breed size of all dogs, and is available in a range of flavours, sure to appeal to your dog’s taste buds. They also specialise in Arden Grange Puppy and Arden Grange Sensitive varieties.
Main benefits of Arden Grange Dog Food:
- Gentle on your dog’s digestion
- No genetically modified ingredients
- No dairy, beef, soya, wheat or gluten
- Contains nucleotides to aid digestion
- No added artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Controlled levels of protein and fat in each Arden Grange recipe
- Contains organic citrus extract to enhance dental and oral health
- Crunchy texture helps maintain healthy teeth & gums
- Contains antioxidants and essential vitamins to enhance the immune system
- Contains balanced minerals & cranberry extract to help maintain urinary tract health
- Contains omega 6 & 3 fatty acids in correct ratios for good skin and coat condition
Lastly, due to new labelling laws introduced recently, brands like Arden Grange must not make unsubstantiated claims. This means that their complete dog food does exactly what it says on the tin! Furthermore, Arden Grange is an ethical pet food company that is committed to the welfare of animals. So this has to be good news, right?